- Army G-4 Enterprise Resource Planning Systems: New Weapons for Building Readiness
- Focus Total Force Integration Requires Integrated Training
- DIGITAL DOWNLOAD Read/Download Magazine
- Spotlight Leveraging Enterprise Data Systems to Estimate Sustainment Requirements in Europe
- Spotlight Logistics Forecasting and Estimates in the Brigade Combat Team
- Spotlight Operational Logistics Planner for a Leaner, More Capable Expeditionary Army
GCSS-Army: The Future of Army Logistics
November-December 2016 Army Sustainment
Army G-4Enterprise Resource Planning Systems: New Weapons for Building Readiness
The Army’s use of enterprise resource planning systems will allow sustainers to manage their duties better than before.
Focus Total Force Integration Requires Integrated Training
Future successful unified land operations will depend directly on the Army’s ability to leverage readiness potential from all components. To maximize these collective capabilities, training integration must significantly improve.
Features Leveraging Enterprise Data Systems to Estimate Sustainment Requirements in Europe
The 21st Theater Sustainment Command is using enterprise data systems to make sure the European theater and its regionally aligned forces have what they need when they need it.
- FeaturesLOGSA: The Army’s Trusted Source of Readiness Information and Solutions
The Army Materiel Command’s Logistics Support Agency turns data into information that leaders can use to make decisions at all levels.
- Features Operational Logistics Planner for a Leaner, More Capable Expeditionary Army
The Combined Arms Support Command Planning Data Branch disseminates logistics planning information to the field through the simple-to-use, standalone program, Operational Logistics (OPLOG) Planner.
- Features Logistics Forecasting and Estimates in the Brigade Combat Team
Observer-coach trainers from the National Training Center provide methods for accurate, detailed logistics estimates.
- Features GCSS-Army: The Future of Army Logistics
The Global Combat Support System–Army is a game-changing tool that can be used to improve the Army’s readiness. But in order to fully realize its capabilities, preparation and training are necessary.
- Features Considerations for Supporting a Train, Advise, and Assist Environment in Iraq
The 1st Theater Sustainment Command provides insights into the support Iraqi forces now need and the impact these needs are having on U.S. Army sustainment.
- Features Managing Readiness Is All About Managing Information: An Interview With Retired Lt. Gen. Mitchell H. Stevenson
A former Army G-4 discusses the importance of developing and integrating enterprise resource planning systems to provide commanders with more timely and accurate information.
- Operations Ensuring Freedom of Movement in 2025 and Beyond
The Freedom of Movement Rehearsal of Concept Drill explored the implications of sustaining future operations.
- Operations Creating a European Network to Connect Multinational Formations
The 21st TSC’s efforts to implement logistics systems and web-based applications on a common network led to the creation of a new dedicated mission network.
- Operations The Transformation of a BCT Through Excess Property Divestiture
Reorganizing a BCT and divesting its excess equipment is not an easy task; however, with proper planning and the correct system, it can be done while maintaining readiness.
- Operations What the Army Sustainment Command Does for Readiness
Using its subordinate units, the Army Sustainment Command improves equipment readiness by providing maintenance for organizations that do not have the capability or capacity to do their own.
- Blind Spot Images of the Joint Logistics Enterprise: A Brain
This article, the last in a series of three, is about how to view the joint logistics enterprise as a learning system.
- Commentary BCT 2020 Logistics: Where the Rubber Meets the Road
The Brigade Combat Team 2020 reorganization has affected the capabilities of forward support companies.
- Commentary Changing Times and Methods at the Defense Logistics Agency
The Army national account manager team at the Defense Logistics Agency is focused on helping the Army get the supplies it needs.
- Training & Education Making the MOST of Mobilized Ordnance Specific Training
Joint Munitions Command facilities provide ordnance units with training that they could not accomplish otherwise. Expanding this program would provide greater benefits.
- Training & Education Inactivation: An Opportunity for a Major Logistics Training Event
Inactivating the 4th Infantry Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division, provided unique training opportunities for logisticians and allowed the unit to become a force multiplier for deploying units.
- Tools The Logistics Estimation Workbook: 18 Years and Counting
The LEW uses doctrinal profiles and usage rates to calculate supply, maintenance, transportation, and casualty estimates.
- Tools PS Magazine Launches Mobile App
After 65 years in print, the popular preventive maintenance magazine is switching its focus from print to mobile distribution.