Army Sustainment Author Submission Guidelines
Download, Complete, Sign and email the following Forms:
We are always looking for quality articles to share with the Army sustainment community. If you are interested in submitting an article to Army Sustainment, please follow these guidelines:
- Download Author Guidelines
- Ensure your article is appropriate to the magazine’s subjects, which include Army logistics, human resources, and financial management.
- Ensure that the article’s information is technically accurate.
- Do not assume that those reading your article are Soldiers or that they have background knowledge of your subject; Army Sustainment’s readership is broad.
- Write your article specifically for Army Sustainment. If you have submitted your article to other publications, please let us know at the time of submission.
- Keep your writing simple and straightforward.
- Attribute all quotes to their correct sources.
- Identify all acronyms, technical terms, and publications (for example, Field Manual [FM] 4–0, Sustainment).
- Review a past issue of the magazine; it will be your best guide as you develop your article.
Submitting an Article
- Submit your article and signed forms by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit the article as a simple Microsoft Word document—not in layout format. We will determine the layout for publication.
- Send photos as .jpg or .tif files at the highest resolution possible. Photos embedded in Word or Power-Point cannot be used.
- Include a description of each photo in your Word document.
- Send photos and charts as separate documents.
- For articles intended for the Operations department, obtain an official clearance for public release, unlimited distribution, from your public affairs and operational security offices before submitting your article. We will send you the forms necessary for these clearances.
- If you have questions about these requirements, please contact us at email@example.com or (804) 765–4761 or DSN 539–4761.
Your submission should be geared toward one of Army Sustainment’s departments, which are described in detail below. If you have an article that does not fit into one of our departments but you think it is appropriate for our audience, feel free to contact us.